Dr. Susan K. Campbell
I am a licensed psychologist with over 25 years of experience partnering with individuals and communities to foster resilience and create positive change. I enjoy and have significant experience working with children and adults dealing with ADHD, anxiety and mood disorders, as well as normal adjustment challenges inherent in life cycle transitions. Areas of specialization include the cognitive, social and emotional development of children, attachment and parenting, anxiety, and divorce adjustment.
I use a research-informed, engaged and eclectic approach, tailored around the strengths and issues that clients bring to my office. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and mindfulness approaches are core components of my practice. Engaging compassion and curiosity around the ways we make meaning of our experiences is a gateway to understanding, and provides the opportunity for shifts in perspective and behavior that can be transformative.
I am particularly interested in helping individuals and organizations identify and connect to their values, and to the behaviors and experiences at work and in relationships that support those values. Distance from the things that are most important is often at the root of the stress that brings people into my office. Becoming clear on what is important to you provides great direction around what needs to change to enhance your satisfaction and fulfillment at home and work. When we live, love, parent and lead from a truly authentic place, our communities thrive with the diversity of our individual gifts.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALING
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Georgia State University
- BA, Psychology, Davidson College
- Licensed Psychologist in NC (#4796) and GA (#2216 - currently inactive)
- Certified in NC as a Health Services Provider - Psychologist (HSP-P)
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists (#54534)
- Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator
AREAS OF CLINICAL SPECIALIZATION
- Mood disorders (anxiety and depression)
- ADHD and executive functioning
- Child development and developmental disorders
- Child maltreatment
- View Dr. Campbell's full curriculum vitae here